At least 110 people were killed and dozens injured during Israeli strikes in Jabalia, northern Gaza, in the last 24 hours, the director general of the Hamas-controlled Ministry of Health, Munir Al-Bursh, told reporters. CNN .
Al-Bursh, who is in a hospital in Jabalia, said that 110 bodies had already been buried in an ancient cemetery on Monday morning (18), while dozens of people were still under the rubble.
The old cemetery in Jabalia, which had fallen into disuse, had to be reopened because the dead could not be buried in the neighboring Al-Falluja cemetery due to shelling, he said.
A video that Al-Bursh sent to CNN shows what would be nine dead children on the floor. Four of them are wrapped in a white cloth with their names written on it.
A CNN could not independently verify the Ministry of Health figures.
The announcements do not make clear how many people are civilians and how many fighters, but Al-Bursh said the majority of those killed and injured are women and children.
The Israel Defense Forces accuse Hamas of “deliberately and systematically” placing civilians at military targets. The army also said it follows international laws.
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.