The National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel) finalized the 5G auction this Friday (5).
This Thursday’s event involved the right to use the 26 GHz band, exclusive to 5G, and which offers less response time due to its greater transmission capacity.
The companies will have the obligation to bring internet to schools.
Yesterday, the superintendent of competition at Anatel and chairman of the 5G commission, Abraão Balbino e Silva, said that the expectation for today is R$ 800 million in grants.
The value is significantly lower than the R$ 7 billion moved in the first part of the auction, according to him, due to the lower exploitation potential of the 26 GHz band.
Until now, Vivo, Claro, TIM, Algar Telecom, Fly Likn and Neko Serviços de Comunicações, Entertainment and Education took lots. These last two are part of the group of six new telecommunications operators in the country.
Check out the winners of each lot:
- Lots G1 and G2 (national): Of course, with BRL 52.825 million each
- Lotes G3, G4 and G5 (national): Telefonica Brasil SA/Vivo, for BRL 52.824 million each
- Lots G06 to G10: there were no operators able to participate in the event, according to the rules of the notice
- Lots H01 to H18: received price guarantee from Telefonica Brasil/Vivo, but received no proposals
- Lot H19 (Southern region): sold by TIM SA, for BRL 8 million
- Lots H20 to H24: received price guarantee from TIM and Telefônica Brasil/Vivo, but did not receive price proposals
- Lot H25 (states of Rio de Janeiro, Espírito Santo and Minas Gerais): auctioned by TIM, for BRL 11 million
- Lots from H26 to H31: no price proposals
- Lot H31 (state of São Paulo): sold by TIM, for BRL 12 million
- Lot H37 (sectors 3, 22, 25 and 33 of the PGO): won by the Algar Telecom, for BRL 935 thousand
- Lot H38 (Sectors 3, 22, 25 and 33 of the PGO): Algar Telecom, for BRL 935 thousand
- Lot H39 (Sectors 3, 22, 25 and 33 of the PGO): Algar Telecom, for BRL 1.037 million
- Lot H40 (Sectors 3, 22, 25 and 33 of the PGO): Algar Telecom, for BRL 1.037 million
- Lot H41 (Sectors 3, 22, 25 and 33 of the PGO): Algar Telecom, for R$ 1.399 million
- Lot H42 (Sectors 3, 22, 25 and 33 of the PGO): Fly Link LTDA., for R$ 900 thousand
- Lot I06 (national): TIM, for R$27 million.
- Lots I7 TO I10: No interested parties
- Lot J19 could not be opened due to notice rules
Check out the companies that took the batches:
Telefonica Brasil SA/Vivo
Algar Telecom S.A.
Sercomtel Telecomunicações SA
Fly Link LTDA
Neko Communications, Entertainment and Education Services LTDA
Brisanet Serviços de Telecomunicações SA
Cloud2U Industry and Commerce of Electronic Equipment LTDA
Winity II Telecom LTDA
5G South Consortium
First day result
Over Thursday (4), 24 lots were sold, moving almost R$ 7 billion in grants.
This amount is charged only for the right to exploit the tracks. In addition, the winners of the auction will have to invest in the networks and infrastructure of the Brazilian telecommunications sector.
Examples of these investments are the guarantee of 4G internet on Brazilian highways and in cities and towns that do not yet have a network. Installation of a fiber optic network, via river, in the Amazon region. And also the guarantee of quality mobile internet in public schools of basic education.
The expectation, according to Anatel and the government, is that almost R$ 50 billion will be collected at the end of the auction. Of this total, R$ 40 billion will be earmarked for investments in digital connectivity and R$ 10 billion will be for the Treasury.
On this Thursday, only the lots and blocks of the 700 MHz, 3.5 GHz and 2.3 GHz bands were auctioned.
With the exception of the 700 MHz band, all lots for the provision of 5G service in the national area were won by one of the three largest operators participating in the event: Vivo, Tim or Claro.
In total, there are already four new telecommunication operators that still did not offer mobile service in Brazil. They are: Winity II Telecom, Brisanet Serviços de Telecomunicações SA, Cloud2U Indústria e Comércio de Equipamentos Eletrônicos LTDA and the 5G Sul Consortium.
Check out the lots auctioned on Thursday:
10 MHz + 10 MHz block in the 700 MHz band
- Lot A01 (national): Winity II Telecom LTDA, for R$ 1.427 billion
80 MHz blocks in the 3.5 GHz band
- Lot B01 (national): Claro SA, with BRL 338 million
- Lot B02 (national): Telefônica Brasil SA/Vivo, with R$420 million
- Lot B03 (national): Tim SA, with BRL 351 million
- Lot C02 (northern region and São Paulo): Sercomtel Telecomunicações SA, with R$ 82 million
- Lot C 04 (Northeast Region): Brisanet Serviços de Telecomunicações SA, for R$ 1.250 billion
- Lot C 05 (Midwest Region): Brisanet Serviços de Telecomunicações SA, for R$ 105 million
- Lot C06 (South Region): 5G South Consortium, for R$ 73,600 million
- Lot C07 (States of Rio de Janeiro, Espírito Santo and Minas Gerais): Cloud2U Indústria e Comércio de Equipamentos Eletrônicos LTDA, for R$ 405.1 million
- Lot C08 (sectors 3,22,25 and 33): Algar Telecom SA, for R$2,350 million
*With information from Juliana Lopes, from CNN Brasil
Reference: CNN Brasil