untitled design

A coin stuck in the neck of a 14-year-old in a way that left doctors stunned

Lucky in his misfortune was a 14-year-old who swallowed a coin during a botched juggling trick because it got stuck in his throat in such a way that he didn't have trouble breathing. The incident occurred in California and a related study with photographs of the teenager's mouth with the object was published in The New England Journal of Medicine. According to the New York Post, the 25-cent coin was stuck for six hours around the teenager's neck and in a sideways position, in a way that did not block the entry of air. Thus, the young man developed only hoarseness and felt a little discomfort. “The doctors were stunned, they couldn't believe what they were seeing,” the American publication said, because under other circumstances it could have threatened the teenager's health, and seriously. After a chest X-ray they performed on the child, they proceeded to anesthesia and performed a bronchoscopy, a procedure that involves exploring the airways with flexible forceps. So they pulled the coin without […]
Source: News Beast

You may also like

Get the latest

Stay Informed: Get the Latest Updates and Insights

 

Most popular