Actor Jason Momoa Apologizes After Taking Photos in the Sistine Chapel

- Advertisement -

“Aquaman” star Jason Momoa took to Instagram to apologize for taking pictures in the Sistine Chapel.

Momoa, 42, is currently in Rome filming “Fast X”, the tenth film in the “Fast and Furious” saga. The actor posted photos of himself below Michelangelo’s famous paintings that adorn the chapel’s walls and ceilings on May 9. In the caption, he wrote: “I love you Italy, what a beautiful start to our day off enjoying Rome.”

- Advertisement -

But disgruntled fans were quick to point out in the comments that visitors are normally prohibited from taking pictures or videos at the chapel, located in Vatican City.

Last Saturday (14), Momoa posted another video in which he addressed the controversy – after a brief moment of training.

- Advertisement -

“It’s my last day in Rome, and I just love you and Italy,” he said after dropping the dumbbells. “If you ever thought that I disrespected your culture, that was not my intention.”

He mentioned that he had already visited the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel when he was 19 or 20 years old. For the current trip, he provided a “donation” so that his friends and film crew members could join him on his days off from filming “Quick X.”

“I found that people really wanted to take pictures with me,” he said. “I was very respectful and asked permission for what I thought would be good. I would never do anything to disrespect someone’s culture. So if I apologized.”

“I definitely paid for that private moment and made a nice donation to the church,” he added.

The apology video hit nearly 3 million views on Sunday morning.



Source: CNN Brasil

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Hot Topics

Related Articles