After attack at school in SP, Lula says that armed youth cannot be “normalized”

President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (PT) lamented this Monday (23) the gun attack on a school in the east zone of São Paulo and stated that young people’s access to weapons and events of this kind cannot be treated as something normal.

“We cannot normalize weapons accessible to young people in our society and tragedies like these,” Lula wrote on his social networks.

In the publication, the Chief Executive expressed his condolences to the family members of the young woman who died in the attack and the two who were injured.

The president, who participated in a delivery of Minha Casa, Minha Vida this Monday, recalled that he asked the Minister of Cities, Jader Filho, to place libraries in all housing units in the program.

“Children are not supposed to have access to weapons. It’s to have access to books”, declared Lula.

Understand the case

According to information from the Military Police, the incident occurred around 7:30 am, when the police and firefighters were called to deal with the situation at the school. Authorities are still investigating the circumstances of the incident.

Three female students were shot and taken to Sapopemba State Hospital for treatment. One of them succumbed to her injuries and died.

The fourth victim suffered injuries to his hand during the rush.

“He started shooting without looking at who”

Bianca Arantes is a beautician and a neighbor of the Sapopemba State School, as well as the sister of a student, who was at the school at the time of the attack. She spoke on the phone with CNN .

“My brother called me and told me there was a shooting at the school. He said he was already close to the exit and I asked him to run without looking back. I got in the car and went down to the school. I put my brother, two of his friends and two girls I’ve never seen in my life in the car. I brought them all home, there’s only one here now, the rest the parents have already come to pick up,” he said.

“A girl who was here was from the room where the shots were shot. A student who was being bullied had been warning the girls that he was going to carry out a massacre. Today he left the room and came back shooting. Initially they thought it was a firecracker. He started shooting without looking at who. Then he went after the victims on the stairs. It was a rush”, added Bianca.

See also: Deputies debate whether police officers should reinforce security inside schools



Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like