Kyriaki-Korina Chatzigeorgiou (25 years old)
BRANCH: HR in the primary sector – AGRO-U
Kyriaki and Kyriakos Nikolaidis (born in 1991) were looking to find employees for their family estates. A process that is time consuming and stressful. So, in April 2020, they decided to set up Agro-U, an online service that connects agri-food businesses and farmers. Agro-U was created to coordinate and make easier and faster the connection between labor supply and demand in the agri-food sector, while until then there was no organized channel that could serve large companies in the industry.
On Sunday, he studied computer science at the University of Macedonia, while at the same time he received a scholarship from Google in order to learn how to make applications for mobile devices. Kyriakos Nikolaidis has studied agronomy at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, while at the same time he is attending his Master’s Degree in Data Analysis. Agro-U has managed to connect thousands of employees, living in urban and non-urban centers, to producers and companies such as cooperatives and food production units. Agro-U’s goal is to expand its services abroad and help develop the industry. About 1.5 million people “know” the service today, while the income comes from the employer, who pays per employee he finds through the platform.
Agro-U excelled in the entrepreneurship competition of MITEF Greece, while at the same time it has the support of Google, which states that Agro-U helps the recovery of the Greek economy through its channels throughout Europe.
Methodology: Out of the more than 100 nominations collected by Forbes – either through the applications of the interested parties themselves or through proposals from institutions and competent bodies – the editorial team made a first selection and came up with 50. The jury, which consisted of Mr. Spyros Theodoropoulos (CEO of Chipita), Nikos Karamouzis (former President of Eurobank and the Hellenic Banking Association, President of Grant Thornton), Michalis Bletsas (Director of Informatics at MIT Media Lab), Theocharos Filipos Capital.gr, president of Attica Publications), evaluated the 50 candidacies with scores from 1 (lowest) to 4 (highest), based on which the final ranking was formed. The order of publication is defined according to the rating of the members (from the highest to the lowest) and then alphabetically. Conditions for participation in the list “Forbes 30 Under 30 Greece 2022” were met by those born from 1/1/1992 onwards.
* Cleesto: The platform that offers digital solutions in the tourism industry
* Project Parenting is the first educational platform that supports parents
* Staiatis Voglis: The startupper who shares the same passion for sustainable fishing and information services
* Stefanos Douskos: He did not give up and was justified
* Marialina Tsinidi: The 17-year-old student whose experiments travel in space
* CollegeLink: The platform that connects young people with the job market
* Nikolas Varveris and OVIVIEW open the door of employers to young people
* Authentic fishing experiences in the Mediterranean via Fisea
* Thanasis Gavelas: The gold paralympian who twice broke the world record in Tokyo
* Video games and virtual reality made in Greece by eNVy softworks and V. Karavasilis
* Carge makes an appointment for charging anywhere in Europe
* Eleni Keliri has set a goal of water consolidation
* ShelfNow: The marketplace that knows traders directly from food producers
* Rebecca Paleologos with Inverzio brings revolution in the field of human interaction
* M. Tentoglou: From amateur parkour to Gold Olympian
* Wet lab: A group of 15 students in the fight against coronavirus with a bacillus vaccine
* ComeTogether: A revolutionary idea for buying and reselling tickets
* P. Naoum (ChromaSwap): Makes the world a better place by giving people the colors they deserve
* Alexandros Petkos: The 18-year-old who brings artificial intelligence to the garbage collection
* The Internet of Things ally of the construction industry through Embneusys
* Morphoses: An internet site that supplies the children of tomorrow
* Swim.me: An IoT wearable swimmer assistance system for severe vision problems
* George Grammatidis puts an end to … damn diamonds with Griamond
* Wardrobly: Greek platform for renting high quality designer clothes for every occasion
* Elon: The first biodegradable highly protective surgical mask in the battle against Covid
* Scander: The complete solution for the catering and hospitality area
* Icarus Group: The right choice for the economical repair-maintenance of industrial components