Airstrike leaves dozens dead in Yemen

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

An air strike in Yemen killed dozens of people on Friday (21). In information sent to Reuters, the organization Save the Children said that at least 60 adults and three children had died as a result of the attack.

The affected region was a temporary detention center in Saada province. Rescue workers were still pulling bodies out of the rubble around noon (local time) after the attack, which took place early in the morning.

There has been no official disclosure, so far, of the official number of people killed.

A Saudi-led military coalition has stepped up airstrikes on what it says are Houthi military targets, especially after the Iran-aligned movement conducted an unprecedented attack on the United Arab Emirates on Monday, and others. cross-border missile and drone launches in Saudi cities.

The Houthi-run Al Masirah television channel said dozens of people had been killed and injured in the attack in Saada. The footage showed men trying to remove rubble using their hands to reach prisoners and wounded to take them to al-Jamhuri hospital.

Despite the war in Yemen, migrants from the Horn of Africa still make their way to Saudi Arabia or wealthy Gulf states.

The United Nations envoy to Yemen, Hans Grundberg, expressed deep concern about the military escalation and called on both sides to “exercise maximum restraint”.

*With CNN information

Reference: CNN Brasil

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

buy kamagra buy kamagra online $255 payday loans online same day no denial payday loans direct lenders only