Nearly 117,000 people have been evacuated due to flooding in Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Emergencies of the Central Asian country announced today. At the same time, around 16,000 people have already returned to their homes, the ministry said in a statement, as the waters receded in some areas. However, the evacuation operation continued in the regions of North Kazakhstan, Aktobe and West Kazakhstan, according to the same source. More than 2,000 homes were flooded yesterday in the country's northernmost region, authorities said, while on the border with Russia, authorities in the Kurgan and Tyumen regions are evacuating residents due to the situation. Water levels in rivers located in parts of the Urals in Russia and in regions of southwestern Siberia, as well as in adjacent regions of Kazakhstan, are rising rapidly, officials say. Yesterday Tuesday, Kazakhstan's President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev traveled to Petropavlovsk, where local governor Gavez Nurmukabetov informed him that 10,345 people in the region had been evacuated as parts of […]
Source: News Beast

With 6 years of experience, I bring to the table captivating and informative writing in the world news category. My expertise covers a range of industries, including tourism, technology, forex and stocks. From brief social media posts to in-depth articles, I am dedicated to creating compelling content for various platforms.