US President Joe Biden disputed the statements of his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky that the missile that fell in Poland was not Ukrainian. “That’s not the evidence,” Biden said speaking to reporters from the White House after returning from a trip to Asia.
Despite the fact that NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, Washington and Poland itself pointed out that the explosion in the Polish village of Sevodov was caused by a Ukrainian air defense missile, Zelensky reiterated yesterday that “I have no doubt that it was not our missile”. He explained that he is basing his conclusion on reports from the Ukrainian military, which “I can only trust.”
“According to the information we and our allies have, it was an S-300 missile made in the Soviet Union, an old missile, and there is no evidence that it was fired from the Russian side,” Polish President Andrzej Duda said yesterday. “It is very likely that it was shot down by Ukrainian air defenses,” he added.
However, Stoltenberg stressed that ultimate responsibility lies with Russia, since it started the war in Ukraine in February.
Fighting in Donetsk
The incident occurred on Tuesday as Russia launched a barrage of missile attacks on its cities Ukrainian, targeting energy infrastructure resulting in power outages now affecting millions of Ukrainians. Kyiv reported the heaviest bombardment in nine months of war.
According to Zelensky, technicians are working nonstop to restore power. “We are talking about millions of customers. We are doing everything we can to restore power. Both production and supply,” explained the Ukrainian president.
Meanwhile heavy fighting rages in eastern Donetsk provinceincluding the cities of Pavlivka, Vukhlendar, Mariyanka and Bakhmut, as stated by Oleksiy Arestovych, adviser to the Ukrainian president.
Russian forces withdrew from the southern Ukrainian city of Kherson last week after the Ukrainian counter-offensive.
“These troops have now been partially redirected from the Kherson region and (…) are being deployed for the ‘liberation’ of Donetsk and Luhansk,” he explained.
Arestovich added that Russian forces that withdrew from Kherson have also launched an offensive in the southern Zaporizhia province and may be planning to attack Kharkiv in the north, from where they had been pushed out by the Ukrainians.
As the battles rage, investigators they found 63 bodies with signs of torture in the Kherson region, after the Russians left thereas announced early this morning by the Ukrainian Ministry of the Interior.
“A new government is here and we will use this building,” the Russian occupiers told a building superintendent in Kherson, Ukraine. They did not tell him what it would be used for. https://t.co/VSbDeLpHUb
— New York Times World (@nytimesworld) November 16, 2022
Ukrainian Interior Minister Denis Monastirsky said “the investigation has just begun, so many more places of detention and burial will be identified.”
The minister added that investigators have documented 436 incidents of war crimes during the Russian occupation of Kherson, while eleven detention facilities have been found so far, including four where torture was carried out.
Source: News Beast

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.