In the indictment of five suspects for the attack that took place on November 13 in Istanbul and attributed by the authorities to the Kurdish fighters of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) and their allies in Syria, the prosecution continued Bulgaria.
“Five people charged for assisting” one of the alleged perpetrators of the attack to escape, said Siika Mileva, a spokeswoman for Sofia’s general prosecutor.
Their role was “logistical”clarified and added how the prosecution asked for the pre-trial detention of four of them.
According to local television networks, three are from Moldova and another from an Arab countrywhich was not named.
Six people were killed and another 81 injured in the blast which took place last Sunday afternoon on this busy pedestrian thoroughfare in the heart of Istanbul.
So far there has been no claim of responsibility for the attack.
Seventeen suspects have been remanded in custody in Turkeyincluding a 23-year-old young woman accused of planting the bomb on a bench on Istiklal Avenue.
Alham Albasir, who he was arrested in an apartment in a suburb of Istanbul and presented himself as a Syrian national, entered Turkey illegally from northeastern Syria, according to authorities.
The 23-year-old confessed to her act during her detentionthey reported.
According to the official Anadolu news agency, citing a police report, Alham Albasir said she first came into contact with the PKK in 2017 through her ex-boyfriend and maintained a relationship with the organization after they broke up.
The PKK and the Syrian Kurdish militia, the People’s Protection Units (YPG), accused by Turkey of being linked to the PKK, have denied any involvement in the Istanbul attack.
Source: News Beast
Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.