Capitol attack: Trump adviser Steve Bannon surrenders

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Former chief strategist and adviser to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon, delivered today at FBI after the first criminal charges filed by congressional inquiry into January 6 deadly Capitol attack.

Last week, the Justice Department announced the prosecution of the far-right adviser on charges of contempt of Congress for non-cooperation with the committee of the House of Representatives and refusal to submit files and documents.

Speaking to supporters, the 67-year-old co-founder and former head of the far-right Breitbart news site looked at the camera on a live broadcast on GETTR, urging them to stay. concentrated:

“We are overthrowing the Biden regime,” he said. “I want you to stay focused; it’s all noise.”

The accusation of contempt of Congress is misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for up to one year and a maximum fine $ 1,000, for his part, said the Ministry of Justice USA.

Former far-right Trump adviser expected to appear in federal court later today, according to ΑΠΕ ΜΠΕ.

Bannon is one of more than 30 people close to the former Republican president who received mandate by this House committee to testify about the events that led to the Jan. 6 attack, when thousands of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building.

House investigators hope the legal action against Bannon will motivate other witnesses, such as the former White House chief of staff under Trump, Mark Meadows, to file.

Bannon had refused to cooperate with members of the parliamentary inquiry committee, citing invocation Trump – which has already been rejected by a judge – that it has the right to keep the requested material confidential in accordance with the so-called “executive privilegeWhich allows a president to keep certain documents secret.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.