Colo-Colo fan is shot and another is arrested for theft in Fortaleza

A 39-year-old Chilean fan was arrested shortly after stealing a box with fireworks in a Fortaleza store on Monday afternoon (5). The action was filmed by security cameras and the suspect was sent to the police station.

Hours later, another fan was shot during a robbery near Iracema beach. The man was hit in the leg and waited for help with the support of three other fans, who were not injured. The foreign fan says he had a stolen cord.

The capital of Ceará lives moments of tension Before the match between Fortaleza Esporte Clube and Colo-Colo scheduled for this Tuesday (6), by the group stage of Conmebol Libertadores. Despite the official ban on the presence of visiting fans, determined by the entity after episodes of violence in the last confrontation between clubs in Chile, several fans of the Chilean team were caught circulating through the capital of Ceará and even buying tickets.

The club’s director of operations, Thiago Ayres, said there is no legal impediment for sale, even with the punishment of Conmebol. “Several Chileans who had already bought their tickets came to Fortaleza for the match and purchased tickets for the sectors of our fans. Fortaleza, under any hypotheses, cannot but market tickets for anyone, just because the fan is of another nationality, even because that would be characterized as a discriminatory act,” said Ayres.

It is expected that this Tuesday’s match will be held under a strong security scheme. The confrontation between Fortaleza and Colo-Colo gained international prominence after the tragic episode in Chile in April, when fans of the Chilean team invaded the stadium and the confrontation ended with two dead.

The Ceará Public Security Secretariat was sought by the report of CNN but so far there was no answer.

This content was originally published in Colo-Colo fan is shot and another is arrested for theft in Fortaleza on the CNN Brazil website.

Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like