Coronavirus – Germany: Excess AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines at Covax

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

At Covax, the International Vaccination Initiative coronavirus, all its vaccines will henceforth be administered AstraZeneca and her Johnson & Johnson of pending German orders, Health Minister Jens Spann announced today.

According to Mr. Span, in the first phase about 1.3 million doses will be delivered to Covax without even to pass through Germany. “It’s in our best interest to vaccinate people. “Because this pandemic will only really end when the virus is under global control,” Mr. Span said in an interview with the RND Network, as broadcast by APE BPE.

He clarified, however, that Germany had already participated financially in the international initiative, but now also delivers vaccines from its own orders.

It is noted that in early July the German government decided to deliver about 30 million doses of AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines to third countries. 80% of these vaccines will be available through Covax and the remaining 20% bilaterally.

According to the latest data from the World Health Organization, in Africa Only 20 million people are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, a figure that corresponds to just 1.5% of the continent’s population.

Source Link

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.