Crab sandals: they look like (and in some cases they are really) the rubber shoes that our mothers made us wear as children to go to the beach. Jelly and colorful are one of those objects and accessories capable of instantly reviving the memories of our childhood.
The good news, for those who already loved them, is that they are officially back in fashion. We had already seen this trend born in recent seasons but this one Spring-summer 2022 we have had confirmation: they will be one of the most glamorous shoe models to show off.
The hallmark of the crab sandals, and the characteristic for which they are universally recognized, is the cage of straps that wraps the foot. For this season, however, don’t just imagine the classic rubber model (which, however, has been taken over by brands such as Gucci And Moschino) but play with the many reinterpretations: there are those with high heels or plateau (à la Versace), the styles in leather with wedges (see Loewe) and sportsmen in fabric and para.
Here our selection of crab sandals more beautiful to buy with a click.
Other stories of Vanity Fair that may interest you:
– Colored women’s blazers: the best models to buy now
– Spring bags: is curled up better?
– College sweatshirt, like that of American campuses
– Full skirt: the passepartout of spring
– Ode to slingbacks, beloved shoes perfect for spring
– Eight ways of saying “miniskirt”
– The necklines that seem to exclaim: “My eyes!”
– Online shopping: how has our way of buying changed (and how will it change)?
Source: Vanity Fair