That gives Buckingham Palace have entrenched themselves behind a curt “no comment” after the car chase by some paparazzi against the prince Harry and of Meghan Markle it is known, but it seems that not even privately from London there has been any kind of interest in the dukes of Sussex.
According to Page Sixwho heard an insider close to Harry and Meghan, neither Charles III nor his eldest son William would have heard from Harry for explanations on the matter, but not even, more simply, to make sure of their conditions. No one, at this juncture, was willing to talk to the press, Harry’s own spokesman would have been slow to spread the version of events of the prince and his wife, subsequently questioned both by the New York police and by the driving taxi driver.
The facts date back to Tuesday 16 May. After attending the ceremony of the Women of Vision Awards, during which Meghan had been awarded for her commitment to women and rights, the dukes had first climbed into an SUV and then into a taxi, chased by photographers. With them, also the mother of the former actress, Doria Ragland. All three “terrified” and “upset” for the “terrible experience” lived, a source close to the family had announced the day after the events a Us Weekly. “This relentless pursuit, which lasted more than two hours, resulted in multiple collisions involving other drivers, pedestrians and two policemen,” said Harry Meghan’s spokesman.
Different version for the New York police, which through an official note declared: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have arrived at their destination: there are no collisions, injuries or arrests”. Same wavelength for the taxi driver driving the second car: the ride would last a few minutes, not two hours as stated by the couple. Possible that Harry and Meghan have overplayed their hand a bit in reporting the details of what happened? Or is it the others who try to throw water on the fire?
What is certain is that the silence of London speaks clearly and tells theabysmal distance that there is at the moment between Harry and his family of origin, which has also overlooked the anniversary of the wedding with Meghan Markle. Despite Megxit, they had always arrived from the social pages of the royal family in recent years official greetings on the occasion of the anniversary of May 19th: this year, however, for the fifth anniversary, everything remained silent about it. A silence that says more than any word.
To stay updated on the royals, celebrities, shows and all the news from the Vanity Fair world, subscribe to our newsletters.
- Harry and Meghan Markle, dinner among stars: the first outing together after the coronation
- Harry, the ghostwriter of his memoir reveals behind the scenes
- Buckingham Palace chose not to comment on Meghan and Harry’s ‘near-catastrophic’ car chase
Source: Vanity Fair
I’m Susan Karen, a professional writer and editor at World Stock Market. I specialize in Entertainment news, writing stories that keep readers informed on all the latest developments in the industry. With over five years of experience in creating engaging content and copywriting for various media outlets, I have grown to become an invaluable asset to any team.