A woman came close twice to drowns at the family table, because he slurped a bite and then swallowed it toothbrush 20 cm which she used to clear her throat.
21-year-old Heizea from Spain was eating turkey with her father when a piece got stuck in her throat and she couldn’t breathe. He immediately ran and he grabbed a toothbrush, which he used as a tool to remove the piece of meat. The young woman he succeeded, but then swallowed the toothbrush because it was too deep.
“My dad couldn’t help me because he’s confined to a wheelchair with a damaged achilles tendon, so I decided to help myself by using the toothbrush. Because the situation was getting worse, I grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on and that was the toothbrush,” the woman said, according to New York Post.
“I tried to hold her by the hair, but as soon as the blockage was cleared, it was just absorbed,” added the 21-year-old, who was rushed to hospital.
After three hours the doctors were able to locate the exact position of the toothbrush in the neck and removed it after 40 minutes. Specifically, they drugged the woman, they opened her mouth and tied a string to the top of the toothbrush and pulled it out, avoiding surgery.
“I woke up with the toothbrush next to me on the nightstand,” Heizea said, adding that she was “glad to be able to breathe again.”
Source: News Beast
With 6 years of experience, I bring to the table captivating and informative writing in the world news category. My expertise covers a range of industries, including tourism, technology, forex and stocks. From brief social media posts to in-depth articles, I am dedicated to creating compelling content for various platforms.