The Iguaçu Falls were elected as the seventh main tourist attraction in the world by the survey “Travelers’ Choice 2022 – Best of the Best” from TripAdvisor.
The set of waterfalls also won first place in South America in the evaluation of users. The two results make the Falls achieve their best record in the travel platform rankings.
Among the attractions chosen by the evaluators, the Sagrada Familia Church, in Spain, is first, followed by the Coliseum in Rome, in Italy, and the Empire State Building, in New York. Ten locations are listed, with the Falls, next to the Garden of the Gods, in the United States, being the only natural spectacles.
To be a winner in the “Travelers’ Choice 2022 – Best of the Best” category, according to TripAdvisor, locations are “determined based on the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings published on Tripadvisor over a 12-month period, as well as as in an additional editorial process”.
Offered every year, the award is the company’s highest recognition of properties that rank among the best on Tripadvisor.
The Iguaçu Falls are located on the border between Brazil and Argentina, within the Iguaçu National Park, in Foz do Iguaçu (PR). The name Iguaçu means, in Tupi-Guarani, “big water”, indicating the set of 275 waterfalls up to 80 meters high, which vary according to the seasons.
To visit the park, it is necessary to buy tickets through official site, with choice of day and time for the tour.
Check out the full list of the 10 best attractions in the world, according to TripAdvisor:
- 1. Sagrada Familia Church: Barcelona, Spain
- Colosseum: Rome, Italy
- Empire State Building: New York, United States
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Gallerie Degli Uffizi: Florence, Italy
- Plaza de España: Seville, Spain
- Iguazu Falls: Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
- The Roman Baths: Bath, UK
- Garden of the Gods: Colorado Springs, Colorado (USA)
- Trevi Fountain: Rome, Italy
* Under supervision of Bárbara Brambila.
Source: CNN Brasil