Iran has condemned the explosions of communications devices that occurred on Tuesday (17) and Wednesday (18) in Lebanon. Government spokeswoman Fatemeh Mohajerani posted on X on Wednesday (18) offering help to the injured.
An explosion involving portable radios used by Hezbollah in Lebanon left at least 20 people dead and more than 450 injured on Wednesday, further raising tensions with Israel a day after pager explosions killed 12 people.
“The Zionist regime’s terrorism causes aversion and revulsion. Iran strongly condemns yesterday’s criminal explosion of communication devices and today’s criminal explosion of walkie-talkies, which resulted in the death and injury of hundreds of Lebanese civilians,” Mohajerani said.
Earlier on Wednesday, according to state media, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said that “the incident in Lebanon shows once again that Western countries and the United States, despite claiming to seek a ceasefire, fully support the crimes, massacres and terrorism of the Zionist regime in practice.”
Tehran’s ambassador to Lebanon, Mojtaba Amani, was injured in Tuesday’s blast and shared a message of solidarity with Lebanon on his X account on Wednesday.
Iran’s Health Minister Mohammadreza Zafarqandi said a team of Iranian ophthalmologists and nurses had been sent to Lebanon on Wednesday and that wounded civilians would be transferred to hospitals in Tehran.
This content was originally published in Iran condemns explosions of communication devices in Lebanon on the CNN Brasil website.
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.