Iran responds to Trump’s letter about negotiations for new nuclear agreement

Iran responded to the letter of US President Donald Trump, the country’s supreme leader, Aiatollae Ali Khamenei, proposing negotiations on a new nuclear agreement, Iranian state media Irna said on Thursday (27), citing Foreign Minister Abbas Araye.

“The official response comprises a letter where our views on the status quo and the letter from Mr. Trump were fully exposed and relayed to the other side,” said Aragchi, stating that the letter was sent by Oman.

Foreign Minister reiterated Iran’s position that he would not go into direct negotiations while subject to military threats and pressures, adding that he could only be involved in indirect negotiations.

Trump’s letter, which was delivered by the United Arab Emirates, gave Iran a period of two months to reach an agreement.

Last week, Araye said Trump’s letter contained “a more threatening stance,” but claimed to offer “some opportunities” to Iran.

In January, US officials kept indirect conversations with Iranian authorities in Oman amid growing Middle East tensions.

This content was originally published in Iran responds to Trump’s letter about negotiations for new nuclear agreement on CNN Brazil.

Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like