Israel launched the pager attack on Tuesday (17) after believing the plan had been discovered by Hezbollah, according to an Israeli source.
The decision was made to detonate the devices before the news spread and the group members got rid of their pagers, according to the source.
It was a “use it or lose it” moment. [a oportunidade]”.
The pager attack was not intended to escalate tensions with Lebanon but was a “surgical” operation against Hezbollah, the source said.
The person heard by CNN also drew attention to Iran’s relationship with the Lebanese group, asking: “You have to [se] ask why the Iranian ambassador to Lebanon was holding a Hezbollah pager.”
Mojtaba Amani, Iran’s ambassador to Lebanon, was wounded in Tuesday’s attack, Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency reported.
At least 12 people died and more than 2,800 were injured. On Wednesday (18), walkie-talkie explosions were recorded.
This content was originally published in Israel carried out attack with pagers after thinking Hezbollah discovered the plan, says source on the CNN Brasil website.
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.