The Israeli military claims that Hezbollah continued to fire rockets across the border this Sunday (29).
In a brief statement, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said that after sirens sounded in the western areas of Galilee and HaAmakim, “approximately 10 projectiles were identified crossing into Lebanon, some of which were intercepted.”
The IDF also said that in the past few hours, its fighters “attacked Hezbollah terrorist targets in Lebanon, including launchers aimed at Israeli territory, weapons storage facilities and terrorist infrastructure sites.”
Earlier on Sunday, the IDF said several projectiles were fired at Israel from Lebanon, landing in open areas near the northern city of Tiberias.
Understand the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah
Israel has launched a series of airstrikes on areas of Lebanon in recent days.
On Monday (23), the country had its deadliest day since the 2006 war, with more than 500 fatalities.
According to the Israeli military, the targets are members and military infrastructure of Hezbollah, one of the most powerful paramilitary forces in the Middle East and supported by Iran.
The offensive reached several points in Lebanon, including the country’s capital, Beirut. Thousands of people sought refuge in shelters and left cities in the south of the country.
Furthermore, a ground incursion has not been ruled out. Hezbollah and Israel began exchanging attacks after the start of the war in the Gaza Strip. The Lebanese group is an ally of Hamas, which invaded Israeli territory on October 7, 2023, killing hundreds of people and capturing hostages.
Due to the bombings, thousands of residents of northern Israel, where the border with Lebanon is located, had to be displaced. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has promised several times to return these citizens to their homes.
On September 17, Israel added the return of these residents as an official war objective.
At least two Brazilian teenagers died in the attacks. Itamaraty condemned the situation and called for an end to hostilities. The Brazilian government is also evaluating a possible rescue mission.
This content was originally published in Israel Army says new rockets were launched from Lebanon on the CNN Brasil website.
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.