At least three people were killed and seven were injured in an Israeli air strike south of Beirut on Tuesday morning, the Lebanese Ministry of Health said.
The Israeli army said in a statement that he attacked an Hezbollah militant “that he had recently directed Hamas agents and assisted them.”
The attack occurred a few days after an earlier attack from Israel to the suburbs in the southern Lebanese capital, a hezbollah stronghold known as Dahiyeh.
There was no immediate statement of Hezbollah about the identity of the target.
Lebanese President Joseph Aoun condemned the last Israeli air strike on Tuesday, calling him “dangerous warning” that signals premeditated intentions against Lebanon.
Aoun said Israel’s growing “aggression” requires Lebanon to intensify diplomatic range and mobilize international allies in support of the country’s total sovereignty.
Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam also condemned the Israeli attack and said it was a blatant violation of UN Resolution 1701 and the ceasefire agreement.
Nawaf said he has closely monitored the consequences of the coordination attack with the defense and interior ministers.
The attack seems to have damaged the top three floors of a building in the suburbs south of Beirut, a Reuters reporter said on the spot, with the outbursts of these floors exploded.
The glass on the floors below was intact, indicating a targeted attack. Ambulances were at the scene to rescue victims.
There was no warning of evacuation issued to the area before the attack, and the families then fled to other parts of Beirut, according to witnesses.
The November ceasefire agreement last year interrupted the conflict and determined that southern Lebanon was free of Hezbollah’s combatants and weapons, that Lebanese troops were sent to the area and that Israeli land troops withdrawn from the zone. Both sides are accused of not fully complying with the terms.
The US mediated truce has seemed increasingly fragile. Israel delayed a promised withdrawal of troops in January and said he had intercepted rockets fired from Lebanon in March, which led him to bombar targets in the suburbs in southern Beirut and southern Lebanon.
Hezbollah, supported by Iran, denied any involvement in rocket shots.
The US State Department said on Tuesday that Israel was defending rocket attacks from Lebanon and that Washington blamed “terrorists” for the resumption of hostilities.
“The hostilities resumed because terrorists have launched rockets against Israel of Lebanon,” a state department spokesman said in an email, adding that Washington supported Israel’s response.
The Israeli-Lebanese conflict, which resulted in the death of thousands, was triggered by the Gaza War in 2023, when Hezbollah began firing rockets against Israeli military positions in support of the Ally Group, Hamas.
The Gaza War, where Palestinian health authorities say more than 50,000 people were killed, was triggered when Hamas militants attacked Israel on October 7, 2023, killing 1,200 people and doing about 250 hostages, according to Israeli counts.
This content was originally published in an Israeli attack leaves at least three dead in the capital of Lebanon on CNN Brazil.
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.