At least eight people were killed and 25 injured in an Israeli attack on the southern Lebanese city of Sidon, according to the country’s health ministry.
The attack took place this Sunday (27) in the district of Haret Saida, in the municipality, reported Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency.
Sidon, which is on the Mediterranean coast, is one of the largest cities in Lebanon. It is located approximately halfway between Tire and Beirut, two cities that the Israeli army has repeatedly attacked since launching a ground offensive into the country on October 1.
Israel has bombed what it says are Hezbollah targets in Lebanon at an unprecedented intensity, displacing more than a million people and killing more than 1,800 since last month, according to the Lebanese government.
THE CNN has reached out to the Israel Defense Forces for comment.
Understand the escalation in conflicts in the Middle East
Iran’s missile attack on Israel on October 1 marked a new stage in the regional conflict in the Middle East. On one side of the war is Israel, with support from the United States. On the other, the Axis of Resistance, which receives financial and military support from Iran and which has a series of paramilitary groups.
There are seven conflict fronts currently open: the Islamic Republic of Iran; Hamas, in the Gaza Strip; Hezbollah, in Lebanon; the Syrian government and the militias operating in the country; the Houthis, in Yemen; Shia groups in Iraq; and different militant organizations in the West Bank.
Israel has soldiers on three of these fronts: Lebanon, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. In the other four, it carries out aerial bombings.
The Israeli Army began a “limited ground operation” in Lebanon on September 30, days after Israel killed Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah in a bombing of the group’s headquarters in the Beirut suburb.
The Israel Defense Forces say they have killed virtually the entire Hezbollah chain of command in similar bombings carried out in recent weeks.
On September 23, Lebanon had its deadliest day since the 2006 war, with more than 500 fatalities.
At least two Brazilian teenagers died in the attacks. Itamaraty condemned the situation and called for an end to hostilities.
With the increase in hostilities, the Brazilian government announced an operation to repatriate Brazilians in Lebanon.
In the West Bank, the Israeli military is trying to dismantle groups opposed to Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territory.
In the Gaza Strip, Israel seeks to eradicate Hamas, responsible for the October 7 attack that left more than 1,200 people dead, according to information from the Israeli government. The Israeli operation killed more than 40,000 Palestinians, according to the enclave’s Ministry of Health, controlled by Hamas.
Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar was killed by the Israeli Army on October 16, in the city of Rafah.
This content was originally published in Israeli attack leaves eight people dead in Lebanon, says Ministry of Health on the CNN Brasil website.
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.