Israeli attack reaches one of Gaza’s main hospitals

Two Israeli missiles hit a building within one of Gaza’s main hospitals on Sunday, destroying the emergency and reception department and damaging other structures, doctors said in an attack that Israel said he was against Hamas fighters who explored the facilities.

Health officials at Batista Arab Al-Ahli Hospital removed patients from the building after a call from someone who identified themselves as Israeli security shortly before the attack.

There were no victims in the attack. The Israeli army stated in a statement that it took action to reduce the damage to civilians before reaching the complex, which was being used by Hamas militants to plan attacks.

The hospital – an institution of the Anglican Church, created in England, and an important medical unit – was taken from operation, according to the Ministry of Health of Gaza.

“Hundreds of patients and injured have had to be evacuated in the middle of the night, and many of them are now on the streets without medical care, which puts their lives at risk,” said Ministry spokesman Khalil Al-Deqran.

British Foreign Minister David Lammy condemned Israel’s attacks on medical facilities in Gaza on Sunday after two Israeli missiles hit the hospital in Gaza.

“Israel’s attacks on medical facilities have completely degrade access to medical care in Gaza,” Lammy said in a short publication on social networks.

Sunday’s attacks (13) occurred while Hamas leaders began a new round of negotiations in Cairo in an attempt to save a stagnant ceasefire agreement with Israel, while Egypt, Qatar, and the United States intensified efforts to reduce differences between sides.

The Baptist Church in Jerusalem said the warning to remove people from the hospital came 20 minutes before the attack that destroyed the two -story genetic laboratory and damaged the pharmacy and emergency department buildings and other structures around.

“We appeal to all governments and people willingly to intervene to prevent all kinds of attacks on medical and humanitarian institutions,” the church said in a statement.

Palestinian Foreign Ministry and Hamas condemned the attack on Al-Ahli and said in a statement that Israel was destroying Gaza’s health system.

Israel states that Hamas systematically explores civil structures, including hospitals, what the militant group denies. The Israeli forces have carried out numerous attacks on medical facilities at the enclave.

In October 2023, a deadly explosion in a parking lot of the Al-Ahli Hospital complex was attributed by Hamas to an Israeli air strike. Israel stated that a failed release of rocket by the Islamic Jihad group Palestinian caused the explosion.

The militant group denied any responsibility. An investigation from Human Rights Watch concluded that the explosion was probably caused by a failed release of Palestinian rocket.

Other attacks

Separated attacks at Enclave on Sunday killed at least 14 Palestinians, including the chief of a police station in Khan Youis, in the southern part of the Enclave controlled by Hamas, according to Hamas and Health officials. Six brothers died when an Israeli attack hit the car in Deir Al-Balah, in the center of the Gaza Strip, doctors said.

The war in Gaza was triggered by the Hamas attack on October 7, 2023 south of Israel, in which 1,200 people were killed and 251 hostages, according to Israeli counts.

Since then, more than 50,000 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli offensive, local health officials. Much of Gaza is in ruins and most of its population has been displaced.

This content was originally published in an Israeli attack reaches one of Gaza’s main hospitals on CNN Brazil.

Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like