Seven people died in the last 48 hours from fires in Italy and specifically in the south and the stormswhich continue in the northern part of the country.
In Sicily, three elderly people lost their lives due to the fires. Firefighters found two charred bodies in a house near Palermo airport. According to the information so far, the victims are said to be 77 and 75 years old.
An 88-year-old woman with respiratory and heart problemsit was not possible to be transferred to the hospital in time, because of the fire, and he died in a district of Palermo, in San Martino delle Scale.
Due to the great destruction that the fires continue to cause in Sicily, the regional governor Renato Scifani announced a while ago that tomorrow Wednesday will declare the island in a state of natural disaster and ask the Meloni government to declare Sicily in a state of emergency.
literally no media outlet is covering this. The streets are on FIRE and they won’t spread the news nationally. They won’t send help. People call for emergency assistance and no one picks up the phone. #Sicily pic.twitter.com/U4McEELsPG
— carmen (@banditointrench) July 25, 2023
In Calabria, in the mountainous area of ​​Cardetto, a disabled 98-year-old man burned inside his farmhouse, which was engulfed in flames. His daughter and son-in-law tried to carry him out of the house before the fire approached, but were unsuccessful.
In the Oliastra region of Sardinia, a 55-year-old man, a forest service contractor, while fighting to extinguish the fire, felt discomfort and returned home before the end of his shift. While being examined by a family doctor, the man went into cardiac arrest and by the time a helicopter arrived to take him to the nearest hospital, he was already dead.

In northern Italy, in the greater Milan area, where torrential rains and heavy hail continue, a 16-year-old girl was crushed by a tree while sleeping inside her tent, along with other scouts. A 58-year-old woman also died due to a falling tree. The unfortunate woman was walking to work – in the Lissone area, north of the Italian co-capital – when she was crushed by a trunk.
😢😢 La #sicilia in flame #sicily #palermo pic.twitter.com/nQx7u3110H
— Cos (@cosellemme) July 25, 2023
Evacuation of 2,000 tourists from three hotel units in Puglia
Fires are raging in southern Italy. The local authorities of the Vieste region, in the Apulia region, ordered the evacuation of three hotel unitswhich accommodate a total of approximately 2,000 tourists.
The flames have reached a short distance from the hotels, due to the strong wind. Strong firefighting forces are operating in the area with the assistance of volunteers. “We asked tourists to leave the hotels and to head towards the village. We hope the fire will be brought under control before it destroys the tourist infrastructure,” said Vieste mayor Giuseppe Nobiletti.
Source: News Beast

With 6 years of experience, I bring to the table captivating and informative writing in the world news category. My expertise covers a range of industries, including tourism, technology, forex and stocks. From brief social media posts to in-depth articles, I am dedicated to creating compelling content for various platforms.