US Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart began on Thursday (18) the possible public release of a heavily redacted version of the testimony for the search in Mar-a-Lago.
The judge plans to hear more from the Justice Department next week about how much investigators want to keep confidential the document that outlines their investigative steps and methods leading up to the need for the search.
Reinhart said he was still not convinced that the entire statement should not be released to the public.
“I’m not prepared to find that the declaration must be fully sealed” based on the record he has now, Reinhart said, adding that there are “portions” that can be opened.
Prosecutors will have the opportunity to propose essays and explain why each piece of information needs to be kept out of the public eye, Reinhart said. These proposals will be delivered next Thursday.
Reinhart said he may have additional confidential discussions with the Justice Department before making his decisions on transparency.
Earlier on Thursday, Reinhart said he would open some other procedural documents that are currently under wraps in the search warrant summary.
According to the judge’s comments, the file is the Justice Department’s motion to seal the warrant documents, the order to grant the sealing request, and the criminal title page.
Source: CNN Brasil
I’m James Harper, a highly experienced and accomplished news writer for World Stock Market. I have been writing in the Politics section of the website for over five years, providing readers with up-to-date and insightful information about current events in politics. My work is widely read and respected by many industry professionals as well as laymen.