King Charles' Medical Records Were Not Compromised After Alleged Rape Involving Kate

Britain's King Charles III's personal medical records were not accessed in an alleged data breach at a London hospital, according to several British media outlets, including ITV, an affiliate of CNN .

The Daily Mirror, a UK tabloid, was first to report the story.

The news comes a day after the UK's data privacy watchdog, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), confirmed it was “assessing” reports that a hospital worker had tried to access the Princess of Wales's medical notes , Kate Middleton. She was released from the hospital on January 29 after unspecified abdominal surgery.

The king, who is currently undergoing cancer treatment, was being treated separately at the same hospital for an enlarged prostate and left hours after his daughter-in-law.

Buckingham Palace said it had no comment when approached by CNN on Thursday morning (21).

Several British media outlets, citing the Daily Mirror, reported on Thursday that up to three clinic staff were being investigated in connection with the alleged incident in Kate's records.

A CNN contacted Kensington Palace regarding the Princess of Wales' medical details, but has not yet received a response.

A London Clinic spokesperson told CNN on Thursday that he had nothing further to add to his statement released a day earlier, in which the hospital's chief executive, Al Russell, said: “In the event of any breach, all appropriate investigations, regulatory and disciplinary actions will be taken .”

The UK has strict data protection laws, with Health Minister Maria Caulfield warning on Wednesday that hospital staff could be prosecuted if they are found to have accessed the princess's medical records without permission. .

Caulfield suggested that London police had been contacted about the possible data breach. However, a Metropolitan Police spokesperson told CNN on Wednesday that he was “not aware of any referral” at this time.

Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like