OM Digital Solutions, which owns Olympus’ photography business, unveiled the M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm F1.4 Pro lens this week, which was announced in September. According to the manufacturer, this Micro Four Thirds lens “delivers both beautiful blurred bokeh and the outstanding resolution and performance for which the M.Zuiko Pro series is renowned.”
The advantages of the lens include compactness, low weight and versatility due to the equivalent focal length of 40 mm, which corresponds to the angle of view, providing a natural perspective. The lens is equipped with a stepping motor for automatic focusing.
Main technical data of M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm F1.4 Pro lens:
- focal length – 20 mm (EGF 40 mm);
- aperture – f / 1.4-f / 16;
- the number of aperture blades – 9;
- optical design – 11 elements in 10 groups, including Super ED element, 3 ED elements, 2 Super HR elements and 2 aspherical elements;
- minimum focusing distance – 0.25 m;
- maximum magnification – 0.11x;
- filter installation diameter – 58 mm;
- diameter – 63.4 mm;
- length – 61.7 mm;
- weight – 247 g.
The lens is dust and splash resistant. In addition, it remains functional down to -10 ° C. A fluorine coating on the front lens repels moisture and dirt. The novelty should appear on sale at the end of December at a suggested retail price of $ 800.