Marielle case: there is a possibility of new accusations, says MP-RJ attorney general to CNN

In an exclusive interview with CNN this Tuesday (25), the attorney general of the Public Prosecutor’s Office of Rio de Janeiro (MP-RJ), Luciano Mattos, said that there is a possibility of new accusations of suspects in the murder of Marielle Franco and Anderson Gomes.

Investigations into the case progressed after the denunciation of Élcio Queiroz, who confessed to having driven the car with Ronnie Lessa, whom he pointed out as the author of the shots.

Mattos pointed out that it is a “very possible fact” that other investigated, after one of them has made the agreement with the authorities, will also report.

The prosecutor highlighted that the new phase of investigations brings a “range of opportunities” for them to be deepened and faster, with developments in search of new evidence, for example.

In addition, other elements of Élcio’s accusation will still be investigated, and others remain confidential. As for the agreement, Mattos pointed out that the counterparts were “very adequate”, but he could not give more details because they are also under secrecy.

Even so, he pointed out that non-attendance at the Jury Court was not included.

As for the alleged possibility of Ronnie Lessa’s denunciation previously, the attorney general denied the fact, stating that “in real terms of negotiations, it was only now with Élcio Queiroz”.

Finally, Luciano Mattos also commented on the role of the Federal Police (PF) in the case, considering that the “union of efforts” allows for new effects, such as this second operation.

He also denied that there was resistance from the Public Ministry of Rio de Janeiro regarding cooperation with the PF, noting that, when Flávio Dino signaled his intention to collaborate with the investigations, “he promptly sought him out.

*in update

Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like