A memorandum of cooperation for the promotion of innovation and the strengthening of entrepreneurship was signed on Friday, July 22, 2022 by the PRAXI Network and the Hellenic Development Bank – HDB.
The Director of the PRAXI Network Mr. Panagiotis Karniouras and the Vice President of the Hellenic Development Bank – HDB Mr. Pantelis Tzortzakis sealed the will of the two parties to cooperate and jointly launch actions that will support the Greek knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship ecosystem.
More specifically, they agreed that they will join forces for:
• “Acceleration of collaborations”, with an emphasis on shaping the conditions for accelerating collaborations of Greek companies for the creation of international competitive structures. • “Networking with international ecosystems”, through access to international digital networking platforms, with the primary objective of extroversion, raising investment funds and seeking commercial partners.
• “Education to enhance competitiveness”, with tools to organize, together with the PRAXI Network, webinars in thematic sections with the aim of training, knowledge exchange and strengthening the competitiveness of businesses.
• “Promoting innovation”. Cooperation aimed at strengthening the competitiveness of Greek businesses, promoting innovation and business ideas among researchers, supporting sustainable development and improving employment.
• “Access to finance”. The Hellenic Development Bank HDB and the PRAXI Network will work together to provide advice to businesses seeking funding. • “Development of business tools”. Further evaluation criteria will be developed for the formation of automated methods for qualitative and quantitative evaluation of business plans, as well as for the control of the application of hybrid financing tools that combine loans, guarantees, co-financing, grants and capital participations.
Immediately after the signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation, the Director of PRAXI Network Mr. Panagiotis Karniouras stated:
• “The strategic partnership signed today with the Hellenic Development Bank is an essential step in the direction of the coordinated and integrated support of innovation, in the Greek research network as well as in the knowledge-intensive business community. The PRAXI Network will henceforth operate as an “innovation agent ” of HDB and together they will design targeted interventions that will lead to a visible impact in the medium to short term”.
For his part, the Vice President of the Hellenic Development Bank S.A. Mr. Pantelis Tjortzakis stated:
“At the Hellenic Development Bank – HDB we continue to create constructive and strategic partnerships, such as the current one with the PRAXI Network. Our strategic goal is to exploit the reach of the PRAXI Network and the synergies that will arise, especially in the area of technology transfer. in this way we will also support the new entrepreneurship that can arise from successful university research projects.
Our common pursuit is to be creative in offering multiple tools to businesses, with solutions and tools for more innovation and extroversion”