More than 50 dead in Kramatorsk – Relentless bombing in Kharkov – Nitric acid depot hit

LAST UPDATE 23:46

More than 50 people were killed in a “blind” rocket attack on the Kramatorsk train station on Friday, leaving dozens injured. The medical staff at the Kramatorsk hospital worked day and night trying to save those injured in the attack. This morning some were taken to hospitals further west for debris removal surgery. Among those who died at the hospital was a child. At the train station, weapons experts examined the wreckage of a rocket fired. It is not clear if it was shot down.

According to the latest announcement, the death toll stands at 52, while there are 80 adults and 19 children injured. 20 of them are in critical condition.

The Ukrainian side blames the attack on Russia, calling it a “war crime.” Russia, on the other hand, has denied the allegations in a statement issued Friday stating “Similar, baseless allegations concerning Russia’s intelligence have been made more than once.

Maltese ship stranded

The Russian Defense Ministry says it targeted the Maltese-flagged cargo ship “Apache” (IMO: 8955586) in the Sea of ​​Azov with artillery fire after it was suspected that the vessel was on a mission to help the “Azov Battalion” in Mariupol. The boat caught fire and was later transported to the port of Yeysk on the Russian coast opposite.

4,532 people were evacuated from the cities

A total of 4,532 people were evacuated from Ukrainian cities today via humanitarian corridors, less than the 6,665 who escaped yesterday, Friday, a senior official said. Kirillo Tymoshenko, the deputy head of the Ukrainian presidency’s office, made the announcement in an online post.

What is happening on Ukrainian soil

Ukrainian officials are talking about major fighting in eastern Ukraine, with the Luhansk regional military governor urging civilians to evacuate certain cities. The governor of the eastern Ukrainian region, Serhiy Gaidai, urged people to leave immediately. Gaidai said Russia was stepping up its bombardment of the area, endangering the lives of about a third of the population. Speaking on public television, he said Russia was “gathering forces for an attack and we see the number of bombings has increased.” .

More than 50 dead in Kramatorsk - Relentless bombing in Kharkov - Nitric acid depot hit
The fronts of the conflict in eastern Ukraine

Novograd: A Russian missile destroyed infrastructure in the city of Novograd Volinsky, according to the mayor.

Chernihiv: Russian bombing of Novoselovka reportedly killed civilians.

This is results of carpet bombing of Novoselovka village near Chernigov. Houses have been destroyed by russian aerial bombs to the ground. Many civilians were killed pic.twitter.com/qXzRGz2DsI

– Денис Казанський (@den_kazansky) April 8, 2022

Sumi: The head of the Sumy regional administration said today that the border station in Elizovetovka had been severely attacked with mortars.

Poltava: Two people were injured after a Russian bombing in Mirhorod.

Kharkiv: Russian forces continue relentless bombing of the city. According to the head of the Kharkiv regional administration, about 50 artillery, tank and MLRS bombardments have been carried out in the city in the last 24 hours.

Lugansk: The airstrikes were carried out by the Russian air force in the villages of Novozvanivka and Troitske, while artillery shells caused fires in the village of Popasna on the eastern border of Lugansk province.

Severodonetsk: Aerosols from the explosion of a cylinder with 4 tons of nitric acid spread to the positions of the Russian army near Kudryasivka and Barbarivka. There is no threat to the population, said the head of the Lugansk regional administration.

Antivika: The Russian army carried out helicopter attacks in the villages of Vulhedar and Sloviansk, near Antivka near Lugansk, leaving at least one dead and five wounded.

Donetsk: Five people were killed and five others were injured in Russian bombings today, the regional governor told the Telegram tonight. “Today, five people have been killed in Russian strikes in the Donetsk region. Five more people have been injured,” said Pavlo Kirilenko.

Rocket launches from Makievka to Donetsk took place this morning at 10.20

Mariupol: The Azov Battalion fired successful mortar shells at the Russian army, which is continuing its efforts to seize the city.

Melitopoli: As the mayor of Melitopolis complained, the Russian forces have kidnapped more than 100 civilians

Hersonissos: Fierce battles and fires as a result, on the outskirts of Hersonissos. Explosions are heard a little further north.

Odessa: The mayor of Odessa announced a rocket attack by the Russian army in Khornomorsk this morning. Explosions continued to be heard Saturday night.

Kyiv announces new exchange of prisoners with Russia

Ukraine announced today that it was conducting a “third exchange of prisoners” with Russia since the start of the Russian invasion, allowing the release of 12 Ukrainian soldiers and 14 civilians.

“On the orders of President Volodymyr Zelensky, a third exchange of prisoners took place today. Twelve of our soldiers, including a female officer, are returning home. We have also allowed the release of 14 civilians, including nine women, a total of 26 people.” wrote in the Telegram the Deputy Prime Minister Irina Verestsuk.

The vice president did not specify how many Russians were released.

Boris Johnson offers armored vehicles and anti-ship missiles to Ukraine

The British Prime Minister Boris Johnson told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at a meeting in Kyiv today that Britain would supply the country with 120 armored vehicles and new anti-ship missile systems, paying tribute to the Ukrainian army.

“Thanks to the steadfast leadership of President Zelensky, the invincible heroism and courage of the Ukrainian people, his (Vladimir) Putin’s monstrous plans were thwarted,” Boris Johnson said after his meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky. .

“Ukraine has defied predictions and pushed Russian forces out of the gates of Kiev, achieving the greatest military achievement of the 21st century,” said Boris Johnson.

“I made it clear today that Britain stands firmly by them in this ongoing battle and that we will stay that way for the long term,” he added.

The aid is in addition to the 100 100m ($ 130m) high-level military equipment announced on Friday, Downing Street said.

Source: Capital

You may also like