Nikon today announced the Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f / 3.5-6.3 VR lens, which was announced in June. This is a zoom lens for Nikon Z mirrorless cameras in APS-C format (DX if you stick to Nikon notation).
The manufacturer attributes to the advantages of the lens versatility, provided by a wide range of focal lengths, small size and weight. In addition, a consistently high resolution is noted throughout the entire focal length range, the ability to focus at a very short distance, as well as the presence of an image stabilizer that makes it possible to win up to five stops of exposure under certain conditions.
Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f / 3.5-6.3 VR lens technical data:
- focal length – 18-140 mm (EGF 27-210 mm);
- maximum aperture – f / 3.5-6.3;
- minimum aperture – f / 22-40;
- optical design – 17 elements in 13 groups, including 2 aspherical elements and 2 ED elements;
- the minimum focusing distance is 0.2 m;
- the maximum magnification is 0.33x;
- the number of aperture blades – 7;
- focusing – automatic with a built-in stepper drive and manual;
- filter installation diameter – 62 mm;
- diameter – 73 mm;
- length – 90 mm;
- weight – 315 g.
The lens is dust and splash resistant. Its sales are set to begin in November at a price of $ 600.