The Federal Civil Aviation Authority of The United States (FAA) announced today Tuesday (11/1) that it briefly suspended the take-offs of aircraft at some airports on the West Coast on Monday, at the time of the reports for the launch of a ballistic missile from the North Korea.
A U.S. official told Reuters that Operations “frozen” for less than 15 minutes “due to initial reports of developments in the Indo-Pacific region”, without specifically referring to the rocket launch, broadcasts the APE-MPE. The United States has previously condemned North Korea for launching a ballistic missile, saying it violates UN Security Council resolutions and poses a threat to its neighbors and the world at large.
The North American Aeronautics and Space Administration (NORAD) did not issue a warning after the launch, a spokesman said.
For its part, the US Indo-Pacific military administration estimated that The rocket launch did not pose a “direct threat” to US personnel or territory or to its allies.
According to reports from airport control towers on the west coast of the United States, the short-lived suspension of aircraft take-offs occurred at approximately 14:30 (local time).
The US Federal Aviation Administration said: “Precautionary measures are often taken. We examine the process that was followed, as we do after each similar event “.