Jimin, from BTS, was missing to complete the entry of solo hits by all seven members of the group on the Billboard Hot 100 list, considered the most important hits chart in the world and which has been updated weekly since 1958.
The song “Vibe”, a collaboration with TAEYANG – one of the members of the group BIGBANG – was released on January 13th and debuted at number 76 on the list.
BTS is currently focusing on their individual careers and is expected to reunite again in 2025.
Members must also take the time to fulfill South Korea’s mandatory military service. Jin, the eldest, began his 18 months of service in December 2022.
Check out other solo songs by BTS members that entered the Hot 100:
Artist, Song (Peak, date)
- J-Hope feat. Becky G, “Chicken Noodle Soup” (Number 81; October 12, 2019)
- Agust D (Name SUGA uses in his solo career), “Daechwita” (Number 76; June 6, 2020)
- Juice WRLD & Suga, “Girl of My Dreams” (Number 29, December 25, 2021)
- V, “Christmas Tree” (Number 79; January 8, 2022)
- Jung Kook, “Stay Alive” (BTS’ SUGA Production) (Number 95; February 26, 2022)
- PSY feat. Suga, “That That” (Number 80; May 14, 2022)
- Charlie Puth feat. Jung Kook, “Left and Right” (Number 22; July 9, 2022)
- J-Hope, “More” (Number 82; July 16, 2022)
- J-Hope, “Arson” (Number 96, July 30, 2022)
- JIN, “The Astronaut” (Number 51, November 12, 2022)
- RM featuring Youjeen, “Wild Flower” (Number 83, December 17, 2022)
- TAEYANG feat. Jimin, “Vibe” (Number 76, January 28, 2023)
J-Hope was the first to score a solo hit on the list when he released “Chicken Noodle Soup” with singer Becky G in 2019. In chronological order, SUGA, V, Jung Kook, Jin, RM, and now Jimin followed.
One observation to make is that even before the announcement of solo careers in June 2022, BTS members already had individual projects, such as collaborations with other artists and even mixtapes. The K-Tudo CNN Soft board has already made a guide that can be seen here.
BTS on Billboard
The South Korean group’s first appearance on Billboard was in 2013, with their first released song, “No More Dream”.
Today they are shy to see their younger, more rebellious selves in clothes that are now out of date, but the song debuted at No. 14 on the World Digital Songs Sales chart and reached No. 2 two years later.
Since then, the “Bulletproof Boys” have not stopped breaking records.
They are the group with the most songs to reach the top of the Hot 100 this decade with Dynamite, Life Goes On, Savage Love (collaboration with Jason Derulo), Butter, My Universe (collaboration with Coldplay) and Permission To Dance.
Source: CNN Brasil
I’m Robert Neff, a professional writer and editor. I specialize in the entertainment section, providing up-to-date coverage on the latest developments in film, television and music. My work has been featured on World Stock Market and other prominent publications.