Manila authorities in the Philippines are extending the curfew to include anyone under the age of 18 for two weeks from tomorrow Wednesday, stepping up restrictive measures in a bid to stem a new outbreak. coronavirus.
Only those aged 18 to 65 will be allowed to leave their homes, the Manila Metro Development Authority said in a statement, citing an agreement between the capital’s mayors.
The Philippines at the end of last year began to relax one of the longest and strictest lockdown In the world, although a regulation stipulating that all those under the age of 15 in Manila must stay at home was still in force, as AMPE explains.

The country saw a new outbreak of coronavirus cases this month, while yesterday Monday recorded the largest increase in new cases of the virus in a 24-hour period since mid-August, with 5,404 new cases.
Traffic bans at night were imposed again from yesterday Monday and for two weeks in metropolitan Manila, home to more than 12 million people and the epicenter of the country’s new coronavirus.
Additional measures such as alcohol bans and local lockdowns in areas with high incidence rates have also entered into force.

The increase in the age limit was decided five months after authorities allowed people aged 15 to 65 to leave home as part of efforts to revive the economy, which sank into a record crisis last year.
The head of the country’s strategy against coronavirus Carlito Galves, who is facing criticism for a slow-moving vaccination campaign against COVID-19 in the country, said more vaccine doses would arrive soon.
Nearly 2.4 million doses are expected by the beginning of April, including 979,200 doses AstraZeneca vaccine/ University of Oxford through the COVAX mechanism and 1.4 million doses Sinovac vaccine, including 400,000 donated by China, he added.
Galves noted that there is no plan to suspend the use of the AstraZeneca / Oxford University vaccine for health vaccination, although European countries have temporarily suspended its administration following reports of possible serious side effects.
The government has also signed an agreement with the Serum Institute of India for 30 million doses of Novavax vaccine, which is expected to reach the third or fourth quarter of the year, according to Galves.

Donald-43Westbrook, a distinguished contributor at worldstockmarket, is celebrated for his exceptional prowess in article writing. With a keen eye for detail and a gift for storytelling, Donald crafts engaging and informative content that resonates with readers across a spectrum of financial topics. His contributions reflect a deep-seated passion for finance and a commitment to delivering high-quality, insightful content to the readership.