Plevris: 80% Flows to Crete after the amendment to suspend asylum

The Minister of Immigration and Asylum, Thanos Plevris, provided information on the flows of illegally entering Crete, from the implementation of the amendment to suspend asylum on July 9, 2025, at the start of his ministry’s law, entitled “Reforming Frames and Framework” Parliamentary Committee. As Mr Plevris said, in the first half of 2025, illegal entrances from Libya to Crete reached 10,000, and in the week, before the asylum was suspended, 2,642 people had entered the week. After the amendment, from July 10 to the end of July 913 and in the first 27 days of August the arrivals were under 500, as Mr Plevris said. “All August so far, those who arrived illegally arrived illegally in just one day in July have arrived illegally. That is, in 45 days they illegally entered the country from Libya, half […]
Source: News Beast

You may also like

Protesters set fire
World
Flora

Protesters set fire

At least three people were killed and four were injured when they were trapped in a regional council building, which