Possible New Year’s Eve cancellation worries hotels and restaurants in Rio

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Unions and associations in the sectors of bars, restaurants and hotels in Rio de Janeiro declared to be apprehensive with the news of the possible cancellation of the New Year’s Eve party in the city, as announced by Mayor Eduardo Paes, this Saturday morning (4).

The president of the Union of Bars and Restaurants of Rio de Janeiro (SindRio), Fernando Blower, reported surprise and concern when he heard the news, especially due to the proximity of the date. Another impact will be on temporary hiring and job creation. Establishments that were already preparing for this will need to review their plans,” said Blower.

The president of the Rio Municipality Accommodation Means Union (Rio Hotels), Alfredo Lopes, regretted the decision, but stressed the importance of complying with it. He also highlighted that the sector expected, this New Year, to reach 100% occupancy in the city’s hotel chain.

“We understand that this is a difficult time and, since the scientific committee recommended it, we need to accept it. Last year, there was no New Year’s Eve and the city of Rio de Janeiro reached around 80% occupancy. Let’s hope the reservations are maintained and let’s go for it. Next year, we will have a spectacular New Year’s Eve”, added Lopes.

The Federation of Commerce of Rio de Janeiro (Fecomercio) supported the measure and said it was convinced that it was “planting security in the short and medium term.” The organization’s president, Antônio Florêncio Queiroz, declared that he will immediately start a campaign to clarify the importance of the measures.

*under the supervision of Pauline Almeida

Reference: CNN Brasil

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

buy kamagra buy kamagra online $255 payday loans online same day no denial payday loans direct lenders only