Sales of smartphones of the Redmi K40 series began the other day in China and it is still a long way to an international launch. However, the Redmi K40 Pro smartphone adapted for the international market can already be bought outside of China.
The online store Giztop, after a short period of receiving pre-orders, began open sales of Redmi K40 Pro with delivery to many regions of the world, including Russia. This is a Chinese model, but adapted from the rest of the world.
It is noted that the smartphone has MIUI 12 global firmware installed on Android 11, an online store Google Play has been added, updates are possible “over the air” in different languages, including Russian. The smartphone supports Asian, European and Australian 5G frequency bands.
The following versions are offered:
- Redmi K40 Pro with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal flash storage, white body – $ 499;
- Redmi K40 Pro with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal flash memory, black or blue body – $ 529;
- Redmi K40 Pro with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal flash memory, black body – $ 569;
- Redmi K40 Pro with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal flash memory, white or blue body – $ 599;
- Redmi K40 Pro with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal flash memory, black body – $ 649.
- Redmi K40 Pro with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal flash storage, white or blue body – $ 519.
In Russia, the Redmi K40 series is not officially presented and it should officially enter the international market as Poco F3 and Poco F3 Pro. However, unofficially Redmi K40 smartphones have already started appearing in catalogs of online stores. For example, the Rumikom company (ru-mi.com), an unofficial Xiaomi retailer, indicates the same prices in its catalog – 29,990 rubles for the Redmi K40 in the 8/128 GB version and 35,990 rubles for the Redmi K40 Pro + in the 12/256 version GB. A store spokesperson says the arrival is expected “closer to summer, roughly mid-late May.”