the city hall of São Paulo published in the city’s Official Gazette this Saturday (27) the list of the first blocks of the Carnival who received permission to parade in 2022. So far, however, the holding of the event has not been confirmed by the municipal authorities.
The ordinance with the authorization was signed by the municipal secretary of the city’s subprefectures, Alexandre Modonezi. According to the text, the functioning of the blocks will depend on the authorization of the Health Surveillance Coordination (Covisa).
There are, in all, more than 100 blocks, with estimated audiences ranging from 500 to more than 40,000 people. They are divided by the city’s sub-prefectures, such as Sé, Mooca and Lapa. Check it out here the list with all blocks.
The text also determines that the blocks will need to carry the authorization to operate during their parades, whose paths were submitted at the time of registration.
The Health Secretary of the State of São Paulo, Jean Gorinchteyn, said on Thursday (25) that it is favorable to cancellation New Year’s Eve and Carnival in 2022, due to health risks.
The executive coordinator of the Scientific Committee of the state, João Gabbardo, said that it’s still early to make the decision about holding the event.
At least 71 cities in the state have already canceled the Carnival. The reason is the fear of a possible increase in Covid-19 cases.
The city of São Paulo has not yet given a forecast of when it will take a decision on the event. However, the municipal Health Secretary of the municipality, Edson Aparecido, said in an interview with CNN that the decision will be up to the health surveillance.
Reference: CNN Brasil