An incredible tragedy occurred early Thursday morning when section of a high-rise apartment building near Miami collapsed. At least four people have been killed and there is no information on the fate of 159 people
«The number of people about whose fate we have no information has increased to 159. In addition, we confirm the increase of the death toll, which is now 4 “, said the head of the Miami-Dade County authorities, Daniela Levine Kava, in a press conference.
Earlier reports said 99 people were missing in what the authorities were looking for under the rubble.
The images that see the light of day are also shocking. Security camera recorded the moment of the collapse of the residential complex.
JUST IN: 7News has obtained surveillance video of the moment the Champlain Towers South Condo collapsed in Surfside early this morning.
According to a fire official, 35 people were pulled from the collapsed building. Search and rescue efforts ongoing. https://t.co/Ac7KgnJOSO pic.twitter.com/oeczbumRG9
— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn) June 24, 2021
Earlier on Friday it became known that A team of scientists discovered a year ago that the fatal twelve-storey building was gradually sinking and needed extensive reconstruction. The inspection identified rusty irons and damage to the cement.
The report speaks of potential dangers and raises fatal questions about whether the tragedy could have been avoided.
Last year’s report was pulled from the drawers as it reveals that recent roof renovations may have caused the collapse.


Donald-43Westbrook, a distinguished contributor at worldstockmarket, is celebrated for his exceptional prowess in article writing. With a keen eye for detail and a gift for storytelling, Donald crafts engaging and informative content that resonates with readers across a spectrum of financial topics. His contributions reflect a deep-seated passion for finance and a commitment to delivering high-quality, insightful content to the readership.