While there is still a lot of time left before the release of the new Huawei flagships – the P50 smartphones – there is more and more speculation about the models of the line on the Web. One of these turned out to be quite interesting: a local insider wrote, and a Chinese resource relayed a dozen facts known about the P50 at the moment. Some of them look very interesting.
So here’s a complete list of the new details.
- A screen with a frame rate of 90 Hz will receive only the base model of the series, in the top ones there will be screens with a frame rate of 120 Hz;
- The characteristics of the main camera with Leica optics are about the same as in the models of the Mate 40 series, but the focal length difference will increase to 200 mm, so that the optical zoom will be 10x;
- The single-chip platforms in Huawei P50 smartphones are the same as in the Mate 40 models. That is, Kirin 9000 and Kirin 9000E;
- The base P50 will have 66W wired charging and 50W wireless charging. In the top model, charging with a capacity of 135 may debut – this option is being considered, but taking into account the life and capacity of the battery. So it’s not a fact that such super-fast charging will still appear;
- Screens – with an embedded camera in the center, but with a reduced cutout diameter;
- The quality of the screens is no worse than that of the Mi 11 – the Xiaomi smartphone with the best display at the moment;
- There won’t be any HarmonyOS, the P50 will come with EMUI 11;
- As many as four loudspeakers (!);
- Improved vibration motor;
- Many color options, but not a single version that mimics the skin;
- Slimmer than the Mate 40
- Huawei P50 will receive some kind of “ruthless feature”, which is still classified;
- The announcement is no less ambitious than the Huawei Mate 40.
The source also clarified that all teasers, live photos and renders of the P50 published so far are fakes.