Texas – Astroworld: Rapper Drake also says “crushed”

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

THE Drake, who made a surprise appearance with him Travis Scott in the Astroworld Music Festival 2021 in Houston, released his first public statement Monday night (8/11) on the tragedy of 5 November. Eight people lost their lives and many others were injured at the Festival.

“I spent the last few days trying to understand this catastrophic tragedy,” the Canadian rapper wrote in a post on his Instagram account.

“I hate to resort to this platform to express an emotion as sensitive as sadness, but here I am. I am devastated for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for those who are suffering. “I will continue to pray for everyone and I will help in any way I can, may God be with you”, he noted.

Drake’s statement follows that of Trarow Scott, Astroworld organizer, after the incident. “I am absolutely devastated by what happened last night,” the American rapper said in his initial statement on November 6. “I pray for the families and all those affected by what happened at the Astroworld Festival.” In a video that followed on Instagram, he said that “he is trying to locate the families so that he can help them in this difficult time”.

A few hours later he announced that he would cover the funeral expenses of the unfortunate young people who lost their lives at the Festival.

The tragic incident started when the crowd in Astroworld started pushing towards the stage causing panic and injuries, said the head of the Houston fire department Samuel Penia during a press conference, as reported by APE-MPE. Astroworld 2021 was supposed to continue for a second night, on November 6, but was canceled after the tragedy.

Scott will also partner with BetterHelp to offer one month free treatment to people affected by the events of the Festival, which the authorities declared an “event with massive losses”. In addition, the amount of tickets for the Festival will be refunded to everyone.

So far they have been filed 14 lawsuits vs. Scott and Drake. Authorities are reviewing videos, interviewing witnesses and analyzing procedures to find out exactly what happened during Scott’s concert.

Eyewitnesses speak of traumatic images, suffocating crowds created by the crowd as the concert continued, people who could not breathe and people lying on the ground being trampled to death or injured.

According to a report in The Houston Chronicle, police and firefighters announced a massive loss at 9.38pm, 32 minutes after Scott’s concert began, when it began to get crowded. The post says that the organizers agreed to find a way to stop the concert as soon as losses were announced, but the show continued until 10:15.

Over the weekend, a makeshift monument with flowers, candles, mourning notes and T-shirts was created outside the Festival site, NRG Park.

The victims included a 14-year-old high school student, a 16-year-old girl, and a 21-year-old student at the University of Dayton. The youngest was 14, the oldest 27 years old.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.