By Eleni Botas
The HRDH is proceeding with the utilization of large fillets throughout Greece, either by completing the relevant procedures for the promotion of the bidder or by maturing the projects in order for the tender procedures to proceed.
1. One of the biggest projects running by the HRDH is the former American base in Gournes, Heraklion. The area will be utilized through the transfer of shares of a special purpose company to be set up. For the property, the draft Presidential Decree for ESCHADA has already been approved by the CoF and the tender process has been completed, which named REDS as the highest investor. At the moment, the tender dossier has been submitted for approval to the Court of Auditors, while the financial transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2022.
As for the plan for Gournes under consideration, there are two hotel units, holiday homes, a conference center, shopping malls, and a marina.
There are other plans from REDS which are already under consideration and are expected to be finalized in the near future.
Regarding the cost of the investment, it is expected to reach 200 million euros, while significant interest has already been expressed in the project by both Greek and foreign investors, as well as by a large financial group.
In relation to the casino that is planned to operate within the area, the Gaming Supervision and Control Committee (GSC) is already in contact with the REDS management to determine the location of the casino within the property, as well as other details, such as building conditions etc.
2. Property in Porto Heli: It concerns an area of about 627 acres in Porto Heli, Argolida, which is being developed. For this property, procedures have been completed for its legal and technical maturation and the possibilities of utilization have been investigated (tourism – leisure, golf, etc.). It is expected that the pre-marketing will start, the ESHADA will be prepared for the property (if required) and finally the tender will be announced by the end of 2022 (in case the ESHADA is not required).
3. Property of EOMMEX in Tavros: It concerns a property (area of approximately 3.3 acres together with 5 buildings with a total area of 1,526 sq.m.) on Thrakis, Koryzi and Timotheou Eugenikou streets in Tavros. The tender has been completed with the emergence of the Dutch MRP as an investor for the property. The award of the bidder is expected, the approval of the tender dossier by the Court of Auditors and the closing of the financial transaction in the third quarter of 2022.
Within the area today there are old buildings with uses of exhibition spaces, laboratories and warehouses of EOMMEX, built from 1940 to 1970. The total area of the buildings amounts to 1,526.79 square meters. One of these buildings, with the decision 207951 / 8.6.2021 (Government Gazette 368 / D / 2021), was declared a newer monument, with a coverage area of 583.95 sq.m. and a total building of 837.22 square meters.
4. The Olympic Equestrian Center in Markopoulo: It covers an area of about 1,000 acres, of which 590 acres can be utilized, along with sports buildings and support facilities. The property will be given for long-term concession. Today, the HRDH is waiting for the decision of the Central Board of Directors for the final draft of the Presidential Decree, in order for it to be submitted for approval by the CoC.
It is emphasized that the Olympic Equestrian Center in Markopoulo, Attica is a significant property, in which a complete complex of open and closed facilities and infrastructure has been developed, which hosted the equestrian sports of the 2004 Olympic Games.
The property has an irregular shape, is almost flat and borders the facilities of the horse races.
For the property is proposed utilization with land uses “Theme Park-Amusement”, which allow, in parallel with the existing functions of a sports character, the development of new activities.
5. Agia Triada beach and camping: It concerns a coastal property of 127 acres in Agia Triada of the Municipality of Thermaikos in Thessaloniki. Today, the premarketing for the property is in progress, while the study for ESCHADA and SBPE has already been completed. Their approval is expected by the Central Board of Directors by June 2022, then the SMP will be put to consultation in the third quarter of 2022 and the tender is expected to be announced by the end of the year.
6. Coast and camping in Possidi, Halkidiki: It concerns a property of about 294 acres, of which about 140 acres can be utilized, in Possidi of Halkidiki. It has a 600-meter sandy beach, as well as camping facilities. ESCHADA has been updated for the property, while its approval of the SMPE is expected by the Central Board of Directors, so that the SMPE will be put to public consultation and the tender will be announced by March 2023 at the latest.
7. Camping in Kammena Vourla: It concerns an area of about 800 acres, of which 580 acres can be utilized. In the area there are abandoned camping facilities of EOT. For the property, the SMP has already been consulted, while by the end of the year, the approval of the Presidential Decree by the KSD and the announcement of the tender is expected, provided that the issue with the biological treatment has been resolved.
8. Thermal springs in Kamena Vourla: It covers an area of approximately 468 acres, which includes the hotels Galini, Radion and Thronion, as well as the spa Asklipios. The property has already been leased to the Mitsis group. The HRDH is awaiting the approval of the draft Presidential Decree by the KSD and the tender is expected to be announced within May 2022.
9. Property in Thermopylae: The property includes an area of 785 acres with abandoned hotel and spa facilities. The SBPE has already been consulted for the property and the tender is expected to be announced by the end of 2022.
Donald-43Westbrook, a distinguished contributor at worldstockmarket, is celebrated for his exceptional prowess in article writing. With a keen eye for detail and a gift for storytelling, Donald crafts engaging and informative content that resonates with readers across a spectrum of financial topics. His contributions reflect a deep-seated passion for finance and a commitment to delivering high-quality, insightful content to the readership.