Ukraine’s Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk on Friday announced two evacuation routes for the besieged city of Mariupol and the occupied city of Melitopol.
Speaking in a televised message, Vereshchuk said the corridors will link the two cities to Zaporizhzhia, which lies to the north and is still under Ukrainian control.
A centralized evacuation is also planned by buses from the occupied Russian city of Berdyansk, the deputy prime minister said, adding that 48 buses are parked at the entrance to the city.
In previous days, Ukraine announced up to nine runners, serving badly hit towns and cities in the east and north of the country, as well as the south. There was no word from Vereshchuk explaining why these locations were not on Friday’s list.
Fighting in Mariupol lasts for weeks, with people who escaped Russian bombing saying the city has effectively been wiped off the map. Russian troops gained control of Melitopol on February 26 and a new mayor was installed in the city earlier this month.
Source: CNN Brasil

I’m James Harper, a highly experienced and accomplished news writer for World Stock Market. I have been writing in the Politics section of the website for over five years, providing readers with up-to-date and insightful information about current events in politics. My work is widely read and respected by many industry professionals as well as laymen.