The UK Defense Ministry said on Thursday that the Russian convoy northwest of Kiev had made little progress in more than a week and was suffering continued losses.
As casualties mount, Russian President Vladimir Putin will be forced to turn to the military and other sources to replace losses, the British ministry added in a statement.
On Wednesday, the UK said there had been a noticeable decrease in general Russian air activity over Ukraine in recent days.
According to the British, Ukraine has been able to reduce Russian attacks with an anti-aircraft defense.
soldiers losses
Russia has potentially suffered the deaths of 6,000 troops who had been in action since the invasion of Ukraine began, according to a US official, who warned that an accurate estimate of combat deaths is difficult – especially as that fighting continues.
The official said the number of Russian servicemen killed could be in the range of 5,000 to 6,000 or even more, but stressed that there was little confidence in the numbers.
Source: CNN Brasil

I’m James Harper, a highly experienced and accomplished news writer for World Stock Market. I have been writing in the Politics section of the website for over five years, providing readers with up-to-date and insightful information about current events in politics. My work is widely read and respected by many industry professionals as well as laymen.