War in Ukraine: Nikolaev camp completely destroyed – Fears of heavy casualties

One camp was completely destroyedNikolaev in southern Ukraine, following an air raid by Russian forces during the 24th day of the war, with local authorities fearing a heavy death toll. However, so far no official figures have been released.

The Russians “carried out timid blows against soldiers at bedtime. The rescue operation continues “announced this morning the governor of Mykola Vitaly Kim in a video posted on Facebook, clarifying that he is waiting for information about the Ukrainian losses.

According to military information on the ground, about 200 young soldiers were in the camp at the time of the attack. Dozens have been killed, another Ukrainian soldier said.

“We continue to count, but it is impossible to know due to the condition of the corpses”said a rescuer.

Nikolai Mayor Oleksandr Senkevich said, according to Ukrainian media, that the city, which had a population of half a million before the war, had been bombed by the Russian-controlled neighborhood of Kherson.

“Bombing is done at high speed to activate the anti-aircraft alarm system”according to the website of Ukraïnska Pravda.

Nikolaev and its environs are the scene of heavy fighting and Russian bombing. The city is of strategic importance because it is the last junction before Odessa.

Nine killed in bombings on the outskirts of Zaporizhia

Nine people were killed in Russian bombings on the outskirts of Zaporizhia, said Deputy Mayor Anatoly Kurtiev.

Earlier, the Ukrainian army imposed a curfew for 38 hours in town, from 16:00 Greek time today until early Monday morningas announced by Deputy Mayor Anatoly Kurtiev.

“Do not go out during this time!”he said in a post on the internet.

Source: News Beast

You may also like