The city of São Paulo suffered from heavy rain this Thursday afternoon (20). There were floods in neighborhoods such as Penha, in the east, where the Franquinho stream overflowed. There were also floods in Osasco, in Greater São Paulo.
There were gusts of wind and hail in the capital of São Paulo.
The Climate Emergency Management Center of the city of São Paulo (CGE) issued, at 3:30 pm, a state of attention alert for flooding in all areas of the capital.
The attention state was only suspended after 18:00.
The forecast is for a cloudy night in the city, with no forecast of significant rain in the next few hours.
During floods, the CGE recommends:
- Avoid walking on flooded streets;
- If there is flooding, don’t venture to face currents;
- Stay in a safe place. If you need it, ask for help;
- Stay away from the power grid and don’t stop under trees. Take shelter in houses and buildings;
- Plan trips, so there is less possibility of facing traffic jams caused by blocked streets;
- If you have any questions about blocked roads, call the Companhia de Engenharia de Tráfego (CET) call center at 156 or visit the CET website to find out about traffic on the main roads.
* Under supervision of Rafaela Lara
Reference: CNN Brasil