Yongnuo has released the Yongnuo YN35mm f / 2S DF DSM full-frame lens with Canon RF mount. This is a variation of the Sony E mount model introduced last October. These moderately wide-angle high-aperture lenses are commonly used for everyday, landscape, street and other types of photography. The manufacturer refers to the advantages of the product as small in size and weight, thanks to which the lens is well suited for the role of a constant companion of a mirrorless camera. Note that the RF mount is slightly lighter than the Sony E mount.
The lens is equipped with a stepping motor for automatic focusing and is dust and splash resistant. Firmware upgrade is possible, for which there is a USB-C connector. The bayonet is made of metal and the contacts are gold-plated. The control ring is programmable. It can be used to change aperture, shutter speed or sensitivity.
Technical data of Yongnuo YN35mm f / 2S DF DSM lens:
- focal length – 35 mm;
- angle of view – 66.3 ° (diagonal);
- aperture – f / 2.0-f / 16;
- Lens construction – 9 elements in 8 groups, including one aspherical element, one low dispersion element and two high refractive index elements;
- the number of aperture blades – 7;
- the minimum focusing distance is 0.35 m;
- maximum magnification – 0.13x;
- filter installation diameter – 52 mm;
- diameter – 67 mm;
- length 72 mm;
- weight – about 280 g.
The source does not quote the price. The Sony E mount option costs around $ 230.