Today in a new chapter of its popular section “absurd prices” we present: The exclusive tortillas from the Pujol restaurant. Recently, the Internet exploded due to the excessive price for which only 12 tortillas are sold in a Mexican restaurant, owned by the controversial Mexican chef Enrique Olvera.
Netizens discovered that in this place only a dozen of the most basic and cheapest food of the Mexican population is sold for nothing more and nothing less than 45 pesos. The data not only caused outrage among people, it also caused a series of memes that are very good, much better than expensive tortillas.
First you have to know the Pujol restaurant
Chef Enrique Olvera is the owner of the exclusive place that by the way is classified as one of the best in Mexico City and has even won several awards for his gastronomic work, so we intuit that going to eat at the place is not cheap at all. However, the tortillas are another point apart.
According to the packaging, the tortillas are made from “Creole corn” and must be kept refrigerated because their life span is only three days and their cost is 45 Mexican pesos, that is, three dollars. On average, a kilo, with more than 12 tortillas, is between 11 and 15 pesos, that is, 75 cents. The outrage of the people is due to the fact that it is the same product !, but the price difference is very exaggerated and in honor of that the coolest memes were born.
1. This is how real tortillas are made
2. My mom sure kills me
3. Luxury is paid for with more luxuries
4. You could eat the flour ones!
5. The lady’s food is craving more
6. So much money for so little
7. I think nobody beats Zara
8. Your food is for connoisseurs only
9. Maybe it even breaks
10. It is an offer that we do have to refuse
11. Nothing compares to a handmade tortilla
12. Doesn’t someone know how to heat them?
13. Better we don’t want anything
14. Far, far away
15. In my house they last 20 minutes
Check Also: How Much Ben Shapiro Net Worth is in 2021?