untitled design

19-year-old student dies from cardiorespiratory arrest after choking on snack

A 19-year-old girl, Jeniffer da Silva Moreira, died last Monday (18), in Alta Floresta, in the interior of Mato Grosso, after choking on a snack.

On Sunday night (17), the Law student at the State University of Mato Grosso (Unemat) suffered a choking at home and was taken unconscious to the Alta Floresta Albert Sabin Regional Hospital, the same hospital where she was born.

The next morning, Jeniffer suffered a cardiorespiratory arrest and died of brain death.

The student leaves behind her 23-year-old fiance, whom she would soon marry, her mother and two sisters.

In a note of condolence, the university where she studied declared an official three-day mourning period at the Alta Floresta University Campus, with total suspension of activities until Wednesday (20).

The young woman’s body was buried at 3 pm this Tuesday (19), at the Jardim da Saudade Cemetery, in Alta Floresta.

*Under the supervision of Marcos Rosendo.

Source: CNN Brasil

You may also like

Most popular